Where Can I Serve?
Jesus told us, his disciples, to make disciples of all nations. One of the most important values of this church is our mission to the world. It begins in our own community, and spreads overseas to every nation. Church members are involved in a variety of mission projects year round.
FREE Parents Night Out
The second Friday of the month from 6:00 to 9:00 PM we host our free child care night for children up to 12 years ofd age. We provide dinner, games, a movie and craft projects.
FREE Community Dinner
The last Wednesday of the month from 6:00 to 7:30 PM we host a free home cooked meal at no cost for anyone in the community. This a great opportunity for us to break bread with our neighbors.
Community Clothes Closet (monthly, cooperatively with Christ the Good Shepherd)
- Donations of prescription bottles, eyeglasses and medical supplies to Ferncare Free Clinic
- Donations for Cass Community Social Services
- Help Fund (Pastor’s discretionary assistance for human needs)
- Teddy Bear Ministry (support for those in grief/need)
- Water Ministry (provide & deliver locally to fire and police, Flint)
- Collect newborn supplies for Maternal Health program
- Collect toiletries
- Collect food for Gleaners
- UMW Rummage Sale (hospitality & welcome with low-cost items)
- Dream Cruise meal, entertainment and children’s activities
- Support Children’s Defense Fund Freedom Schools in Detroit
- Bread for the World letter-writing
- Participate in Hands for Detroit
- CROP Walk (reducing world hunger with Church World Service)
- Noah Sandwich-making ministry for Detroit homeless
- Trunk or Treat Halloween (and Unicef collection)
- Battery Ministry (free with Christmas trees, promoting fire safety)
- Christmas Tree lot (raises funds & goodwill)
- Fair Trade Coffee/Tea/Candy/Crafts Sales
- Thanksgiving Open House
- Advent Festival
- Mitten Tree Ministry
- Cookie Ministry (provide & deliver at Christmas to those working Christmas Eve)
- Christmas Day Open House
- Winter Break Vacation Bible School
- South Oakland Shelter (providing housing, meals and transportation for homeless families/individuals)